I'm reminded to be thankful for everything
9:31 AM

I had been an ardent reader of this mummy's writing for quite sometime. Being a SAHM, I spent a few hours a day blog hopping, on days when Irfan behaved himself. I haven't been reading her blog for quite sometime now, and when I did just now I was kinda surprised to see that she'd given birth to a premature baby boy.

And I was even more surprised and much saddened looking at the condition of the baby, whom surely must feel the pain of what happened to his arms and legs. I pray that Allah makes his pain berable and his parents stronger in facing this trial, ease their burden. Most importantly, I pray for people not to put the blame of what happened on the parents. People, stop speculating and doing fitnah on what they did in the past/during pregnancy. It would just add to their burden in handling the delicate situation.

Well, I kinda know the feeling because some of them in my husband's clan are the kind who still believes in this old-fashioned thoughts. During my pregnancy; among other things;They reminded me again and again when I was pregnant not to clean the chicken/fishes because according to their so-called wisdom it could cause the baby to have incomplete organs. Upon reading this mummy's entry, I realized that if I was in the same situation as her, I'd definitely be blamed for not listening to the elderly.

But for me, many of the old believes are kurafat. Not because they were OLD, but because many of it don't have strong foundation or reasons for it. Maybe it happened that you gave birth to a child without arms or legs, and it so happened that you did the basic chores of cooking for your husband (and it includes cleaning the chicken et. cetera), so how do you relate it to your child being arm-less? Is it because you cut away the chicken legs that God wants to punish you by making your baby crippled?

"...biarlah orang kata macam2,… memang ramai orang tanya, Mami ada penyakit ke? Mami ada makan ubat ke? Mami ada pegang parang ke? Mami ada potong binatang ke? Abiy ada buat itu ini ke? family ada history ke?… bagi kami ini anugerah dari Allah. bukan sebab apa2. dan juga sesungguhnya bukan sebab breastfeed Abang Hafiy masa pregnantkan Fahry. bukan juga sebab kejadian yang menimpa Arwah Tok Pa. tak.. bukan sebab2 semua tu."
...excerpts from the blog...

Well, if anyone have a scientific reason for it, please feel free to drop your comment here.

My prayers always with the family and may they have a beautiful life ahead. Amin...

The Zonan Factor