What changes when you have a baby?
I got this from the babycenter.com. They are soooo true!
What changes when you have a baby?
A better question may be: What doesn't change? Here, writer and mom Rebecca Woolf lists her most notable post-baby observations. Then scroll down to read our favorite comments from readers about how their babies changed their lives.
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms. (I love the smell of my baby when he just woke up from sleep..the nice smelly scent :-p)
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!) (Erkk...please, I still pass him to others whenever I could when he does his lil bussiness)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
And from our readers...
1. "You discover how much there is to say about one tooth." — Ashley's mom
2. "You finally realize that true joy doesn't come from material wealth." — Anonymous
3. "You now know where the sun comes from." — Charlotte
4. "You'd rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that you've been dying to have." — Sophie's mom
5. "You realize that although sticky, lollipops have magical powers." — Roxanne
6. "You don't mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night." — Kellye
7. "Silence? What's that?" — Anonymous
8. "You realize that the 15 pounds you can't seem to get rid of are totally worth having." — Brenda
9. "You discover an inner strength you never thought you had." — Ronin and Brookie's mom
10. "You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule." — Thomas' mom
11. "You give parents with a screaming child an 'I-know-the-feeling' look instead of a 'Can't-they-shut-him-up?' one." — Jaidyn's mom
12. "Your dog — who used to be your 'baby' — becomes just a dog." — Kara
13. "You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you'll be late." — Tracey
14. "You learn that taking a shower is a luxury." — Jayden's mom
15. "You realize that you can love a complete stranger." — Dezarae's mom
16. You find yourself wanting to make this world a better place. — Arizona
17. If you didn’t believe in love at first sight before, now you do! — Ciara
The Zonan Factor
Happy birthday to meeeeee
I'm a bad wifey. I assumed that my hubby is hopeless at romance. The truth is, he's not. Not at all!
Last night at around 12am, Irfan woke up for his feeding and thus mr. hubby woke up from sleep too and went out of the room. I thought that maybe he couldn't sleep with all the noise the lil darling was making and thus decided to go online or watch movies on the pc. After a few minutes, he came into the room carrying a candle-lit-saucer in his hands.
My thought was that since I sulked with him for not being romantic earlier, he tried to make it up by bringing in an empty saucer and just light a candle on it. Supposed to make me laugh la, but knowing me I'd sulk even more with that kinda joke.But when I got up from bed, I saw a piece of my ever favourite cheesecake in it, with a single candle on top. How romantic!!!! I love i love i loveeeeeeee!!!!
So last night, I had the most delicious supper in bed, with mr. hubby feeding it to me! I felt like a queen. Yippee!!! :-p *wish everyday is like that, dreamy look*
Today, we had delicous tandoori at Kapitan, courtesy of mak. Irfan was being a good boy, sleeping all the way from the start of the journey until after we finished our dinner. Sayaaaang dia! Mwahs..
So Ayu, that's the update I have for my birthday this year lah. Pressie from hubby??kena tunggu january or february baru will get insyaAllah. :-D
p/s : oh by the way, I forgot to update in Irfan's milestone previously that when he was 7 months he was already playing hide and seek with me and main kejar2 with maktok. Maktok will do as if she wants to catch him and he'd be soooo gedik2 jerit2 and menyulur dengan sungguh pantas, turned back to her and the cycle repeats itself. Paaaandai anak mama. *anak mama ja la yang pandai*
The Zonan Factor
Of birthday and milestone
Happy birthday to meeee...happy birthday to meeee...happy birthday to me-eeee...happy birthday to meeee.....
It's my birthday tomorrow..or let say in about 2 hours from now! And I'm doing nothing special but blogging while my two boys are sound asleep in the next room. :-(
I'm pretty sure hubby hasn't got any surprise coming tonite, he's soooo hopeless when it comes to this. I hate i hate i hate. Now I'm promising myself that next year there won't be any surprises for him as well, only for my darling baby. Hmph!!
Anyway, nothing much has been going on in life these past three weeks. It's routine and tiring. But I'm now more appreciative of my time with muchkin. Lots of things been happening to him, first the swollen eyes. A few days after that, he's got swollen fist. A few days after THAT, I woke up in the morning to find him (his neck actually) covered in blood!! Turned out, his neck melecet and he scratched it so bad that it bled. Then a couple of days ago, he hurt the back of his ankle while playing near the sofa at home. All of these happened within 2 weeks time. Sigh...kesian anak mama...
He's 8 months today. You're a big boy now sayang. He's so fond of imitating whatever we do now :
* Geleng kepala (mama ajaq :-p)
*Open and close his fist to the rhyme of cak cekok udang gamit (maktok ajaq)
* Do the clicking sound with his tongue (tok abah ajaq)
He can sit up on his own now..quite steadily eventho still not upright. He can sit up when he's on his back, front or even when he's on his four. No he hasn't take that first crawling step, but is now busy standing up and climbing up and down. A few days back when I was sleeping just besides the sofa, he crawled up onto the cushion. Lucky I woke up and got him, if not he might have fall off. Hish..tak reti dok diam langsung. Grrrr.....
He's a very pampered baby, seriously. Everyone lavishes their attentions to him as he's the first grandson, so now he's becoming more and more pampered. He'd make that kitty sound whenever we're mad at him, so everybody pun tak jadi la nak marah dia after that. I pray he won't grow up to be a pampered boy because pampered toddlers would annoy people for sure.
To Irfan, you just wait till maktok get another grandson/granddaughter next year, then u won't be the one and only anymore. :-p
The Zonan Factor
Mata Sepet Itu...
Yesterday was horrible for both of Irfan's parents.
We decided to send Irfan to Ibu's house in the morning as mak is still in KL. I had a very bad feeling of leaving him, not leaving him there, but just a very very bad feeling of having to leave him. When I passed him to Ibu, he was actually opening up his hand wanting to come back to me. I take it that it's because he wasn't familiar with her still. Anyway, as I usually did I just pesan a few things about his feeding time and bath time.
At around 10 in the morning, I just called the house to check on him and ibu said he didn't cry at all. He just pooped and so she bathed him after washing the poo poo.
A while later, I realized I had many missed calls from Abah and Amin and thus called them back. Abah answered the phone and told me that Irfan had an allergic reaction and they brought him to the hospital.
I asked to talked to hubby and he told the same thing : Irfan's eyes were swollen shut but he didn't cry so much, just a lil bit. I was just soooo worried but sadly I couldn't be there at that time. For the rest of the day I just couldn't concentrate on whatever I was supposed to do but kept on thinking of him and wanting to go back to be with him.
When I went to fetch him later at MIL's house that evening, I couldn't described the feeling I had when I saw him in that condition. All I could say is that it really broke my heart seeing him like that. So that's the feeling mother's get whenever something - no matter how minor - happen to their child. And now I realized that should anything ever happen to him, I'd definitely go insane.
Somehow, I managed to stop tears from flowing down - though God knows how hard it was for me.
That night, we decided to spent the nite at mak's house eventho she wasn't around. Abah was there and dengan rajinnya telah mengelap segala habuk in the room where we were supposed to sleep. Complete dengan change the bedsheet and all. :-D
Ibu was apologizing profusely when I talked to her, but it wasn't her fault pun. Things happened, and no one could stop it if it was fated to be. Besides, if it didn't happened then, I wouldn't know that Irfan has an allergy. Now I just have to be extra careful in taking care of him.
These pics were taken in the evening when I fetched him. They said it was much worse than this when it first happened, both his eyes were swollen shut. The doc told me that it was like he got two eggs on his face instead of a pair of eyes, sampai tak nampak langsung anak mata he said.
At nightime when he was getting better.
I truly hope I won't have to go through such emotions again, not in the near future. It made me feel like a bad mama as I should've mention about the sensitivity of his skin and such to ibu but it somehow escaped my mind.
Sorry kay Irfan, mama will be extra careful (InsyaAllah) with you from now on. Mwahs!!
The Zonan Factor