Eventful Saturday
11:52 AM

I had an eventful weekend!

I dun think I've ever had such a weekend before. What's so different about it eh?

Well, let me story you..

On Saturday, as per plan Amin, Mak, Irfan and I went to Jakel in Sg. Petani. I think they call it A'lamoda to be precised. We've been there once before to buy material for my bro-in-law's wedding in May next year. The last time we went I didn't get the chance to buy the material i wanted for Yone's wedding, so I noted to myself that we were gonna visit that place again someday, so off we went lsat weekend.

Upon arriving, mak and I went crazy looking at all the new arrivals they had. Earlier on mak was saying that she doesn't know how to choose material anymore since abah had been doing all the buyings for quite sometime now. But once she set her eyes on those kain, all skills came back to her in a matter of a few seconds! haha..

So we chose and chose and chose. We toured the whole shop from ground floor to up and down again. Mak end up buying like..what?4 materials for herself and one for my aunty, and one carpet and another tikar for the house. I satisfied myself with a purple beaded chiffon that i've always craved for, and lilac lining and hubby got a purple sampin to wear with his two purple telok belanga for two different weddings in May next year. And I got for myself another material for azim's wedding..also in May next year, tho I wanted to get antoher chiffon but since mami yah was quite vague on the theme colors, so I bought a cheaper material instead.

The brown/beige polka dot material cost RM85, I find the design quite rare but it does look a bit gloomy ain't it? The design of the material that mak bought is more attractive but I dun haf the pictures of hers with me. The sampin cost RM100 after less, abah bought his (same design and material but different colour) in Jakel Jalan TAR for only RM70! But well, the transportation cost more compared to Sg. Petani, so I consider the price quite reasonable. And finally, the purple chiffon complete with satin lining cost (plus minus) RM390.







And then..guess what? In the middle of choosing materials, hubby came up to me and said they're going to lelong some materials. Listen to the DJ carefully and so we did. They opened it at RM8 for 4 metres, material named Bella Moda! Never had I fought my way through crowds before like I did on that way..memang main redah to take as many as we could (selepas diarahkan oleh sang suami dan mak). We took whatever we could and I think we ended up with about ten pieces or more of the RM8 and RM10 materials. Among those I managed to get for myself :





Trust me..for RM8, these kain are really a steal! Oh..now I realized that most of it are yellow, and I have like only ONE yellow hijab..so now I haf more reason to shop! :-p

All in all, guess how much we spent in Jakel alone ? RM1090.00! That's inclusive of all the other beautiful materials for mak, my aunty and MIL and the carpets and tikar.

I hafta say that this trip is really satisfying for me, and I'd definitely shop there again. But not in the near future lah. haha. Unless if Jakel wants to give me some very good deal for promoting their goods in here hahaha :-p

(Oh..I left my baby sling there, called up the customer service and a guy named Ikram said he'd find it and post it back to us. Hopefully I'll get it back coz it's verrryy precious to me)

Later on, after accompanying mak to buy some hijabs she needed to attend some wedding receptions in KL next week, we had our dinner at Pelita and off we went back home.

Irfan at Pelita..he was so excited and kept making cute faces at the mamaks there, hoping for some teh tarik in return?


Something real bad happened on the way back..we met with an accident just before we entered Penang Bridge. Hubby only realized that the brake wasn't working a few seconds before we were to stop at the Penang Bridge toll and panicky, neither one of us thought of the hand brake. Mak was soundly sleeping at the back and only woke up when she heard me screaming at hubby to stop the car.

Luckily, the car in front of us weren't moving or else we would've hit the toll gate panel. I really thank Allah that eventho we met with the accident, he saved us from any harm, and most importantly Irfan survived it without any scratch. Hubby said this shall be a reminder to us as it's been quite sometime since we gave sedekah to the needy.

Thank you Allah for the reminder!

(Pics of the car shall be uploaded later)


*Updated*






The car after the accident


In the car, being towed to Caltex to wait for insurance tow truck

The Zonan Factor