Mata Sepet Itu...
10:13 PM

Yesterday was horrible for both of Irfan's parents.

We decided to send Irfan to Ibu's house in the morning as mak is still in KL. I had a very bad feeling of leaving him, not leaving him there, but just a very very bad feeling of having to leave him. When I passed him to Ibu, he was actually opening up his hand wanting to come back to me. I take it that it's because he wasn't familiar with her still. Anyway, as I usually did I just pesan a few things about his feeding time and bath time.

At around 10 in the morning, I just called the house to check on him and ibu said he didn't cry at all. He just pooped and so she bathed him after washing the poo poo.

A while later, I realized I had many missed calls from Abah and Amin and thus called them back. Abah answered the phone and told me that Irfan had an allergic reaction and they brought him to the hospital.

I asked to talked to hubby and he told the same thing : Irfan's eyes were swollen shut but he didn't cry so much, just a lil bit. I was just soooo worried but sadly I couldn't be there at that time. For the rest of the day I just couldn't concentrate on whatever I was supposed to do but kept on thinking of him and wanting to go back to be with him.

When I went to fetch him later at MIL's house that evening, I couldn't described the feeling I had when I saw him in that condition. All I could say is that it really broke my heart seeing him like that. So that's the feeling mother's get whenever something - no matter how minor - happen to their child. And now I realized that should anything ever happen to him, I'd definitely go insane.

Somehow, I managed to stop tears from flowing down - though God knows how hard it was for me.

That night, we decided to spent the nite at mak's house eventho she wasn't around. Abah was there and dengan rajinnya telah mengelap segala habuk in the room where we were supposed to sleep. Complete dengan change the bedsheet and all. :-D

Ibu was apologizing profusely when I talked to her, but it wasn't her fault pun. Things happened, and no one could stop it if it was fated to be. Besides, if it didn't happened then, I wouldn't know that Irfan has an allergy. Now I just have to be extra careful in taking care of him.


These pics were taken in the evening when I fetched him. They said it was much worse than this when it first happened, both his eyes were swollen shut. The doc told me that it was like he got two eggs on his face instead of a pair of eyes, sampai tak nampak langsung anak mata he said.





At nightime when he was getting better.

I truly hope I won't have to go through such emotions again, not in the near future. It made me feel like a bad mama as I should've mention about the sensitivity of his skin and such to ibu but it somehow escaped my mind.

Sorry kay Irfan, mama will be extra careful (InsyaAllah) with you from now on. Mwahs!!

The Zonan Factor