The Birth of the Munchkin (The Continuation)
1:18 PM

After a few minutes of speaking in med terms, the doctor finally told me that my water is already a dark shade of green, which means that the munchkin had already passed motion, and a lot of it judging from the colour of the water. She was explaining on how it could be dangerous for him if he swallow it and judging from my progress, we'd still have at least 7 more hours to go before he'll finally pop out. So there's almost a 100 per cent possibility that he WOULD swallow it.

Not knowing what else to do and how to react to this, I just ask hubby what he thought of it. He said -in a defeated tone - that he didn't want me to go through the c-sect. Neither did I. We weren't prepared for this. And I really really have a thing against being cut open, anywhere on my body. Bukan apa, takut okie. kena paper cut pun dah bising sakit sakit, inikan pulak nak kena belah perut kan. Sigh..

Since we really couldn't decide on what to do, I called Abah and told him -tearily- on what the doctor told us. Abah said that if it's for the best then go for it. "It's gonna be an experience for you", that was among his words to me.

Then, the anesthesiologist Dr Redzuan, came in and explained again in a very kind voice of the situation. I was quite soothed by his words, I guess he knew what we were feeling and I think he even saw me crying everytime I look at hubby kot. :-D (hihi Emi said I'm a drama queen ahakz)

So we decided to go for the C-Sect. While the staff were preparing the OT, abah arrived and he came up to the labour room to doa for me. After first I was like, alamak! bole ka ni abah masuk, nanti doktor marah plak, but after that I just couldn't care less nemore. I was in need of support and thankful for all of it that I got from everyone.

After the OT was ready, I was wheeled in and both abah and hubby followed me up to the front door of the OT. Both were smiling encouragingly at me while I was busy wiping my tears (definitely a drama queen).

Dr Redzuan then asked me if I wanted to be awake during the surgery and I said yes. However, after he gave me a shot of something ( I still have no idea/can't remember what it was) I was totally knocked out.Throughout the surgery, I woke up once or twice, thinking that I was in a space ship or something as all I could see was glaring ORANGE lights and lotsa buttons(?) on the screen-like wall.

After 45 minutes long, the munchkin was born - on the same date as his abah's birthday! 19 Mac (1980/2008). The best birthday gift ever for abah. :-D

The surgery went well. I vomited a few times after that, most probably due to the pain control shot I was given earlier. After I gained consciousness, the nurses wheeled me back to my room. Mak and makchak was quite surprised that I was able to smile after the surgery. Turned out...patutlah, still on epidural rupanya. hehehe...

Post surgery..

After he was cleaned up, they brought the munchkin to me (in the room). It was such joyous moment for me, but sadly I was still feeling groggy and helpless thus I couldn't breastfeed him immediately. I was sad, really.

Hubby went to see Penang's mufti(?) Ustaz Bukhari regarding the name and our initial plan to name him Muhammad Adam Rayyan was changed. He is then officially Muhammad Aqil Irfan bin Mohamed Amin.

I stayed at the hospital for 5 long days. Day 2 saw me struggling to sit up, and walked a short distance to the toilet. It was darn painful but advisable as the longer you wait, the more painful it'd be.

Throughout my stay, hubby wasn't around that much. Mak was there almost all the time and I'm sooo thankful that I have a mother who really understand her daughter and didn't fret about me being manja and all when I was in pain.

Oh, and I have a confession to make. Yes, I had the baby blues syndrome throughout the confinement period. I was sad and depressed most of time. In fact, I think that the confinement stage was worse than the delivery stage. I hope I won't have to go through those horrible moments ever again, praying that for the next one (insyaAllah kalau ada rezeki) the confinement won't be so bad anymore.

The Zonan Factor