Of Exam and Weaning
6:53 AM

As promised to Yong, I'll write a short note about my exam the other day.

I got the letter informing me to come sit for the exam a day before I was supposed to sit for it. It wasn't even 24 hours, maybe only about 14-15 hours before, to be exact. It was for the post of Programme Producer, which I had no idea what it was all about. I called my cousin, Yong who is in the broadcasting line to ask her about the job. She wasn't so sure and told me to google it as she said SPA's website has got information on it, complete with examples of past exam questions. I did - googled it I mean - and found out that this post is all about journalism, broadcasting and such.

I didn't really have time nor passion to read those long exam questions. This is something that you have to learn in 3-4 years (read : doing you bachelor's degree) not overnight. Besides, I had the berbuka meal to prepare and a cranky baby to take care of.

So the day came, and as decided the day before, I proceeded to the university where I was supposed to take the exam. I know I knew nothing about the stuff but at least later I won't be regretting not knowing what could have been. We send Irfan to mak's house and then hubby send me off to the venue. There were only 5 of us in attendance, well..that's a bigger chance to get the job isn't it. Less competition whaaat...

At around 9 am, we were called to the exam room. Just before entering the room, I suddenly noticed something I haven't noticed before. There, written in bold letters on the board was the sequence of the whole process. First there'll be exams. Then it'll be followed by an AUDITION. After the audition, whoever gets shortlisted will be called for an interview with the board of inteviewers. I was already chuckling to myself. U know lah, an audition???? What the h*ck was I supposed to do during it. Sing a song??Acting like I was a news reporter or something??? Well, I have NO IDEA at all!

Anyway, we went inside and after we were seated at our seats, we were allowed to look at the question first before the exam will begin. I flipped through mine, and at that instant I knew I was only wasting my time being there. I don't really know about stuff such as "Beri definisi bagi *screenshot* et cetera. Okie, not really screenshot, I don't even remember what the question was. But what I did remember is I don't know any single stuff written on those pieces of papers.

So, I went to the person in charge and told her my story. Panjang lebar gitu..on how I thought I'd just come to see what kind of a job a Programme Producer is and how the question would be, and now that I had a look at it I know I wouldn't be able to answer even a single one as this isn't my line of work (nor study) at all. They just said ok and thanks for coming.

Haha...so that's how it went. I wasn't there for even 30 minutes before calling mak to ask my brother to pick me up. Lawak kan ;-p

So Cha, it looks like I won't be getting another nice dinner treat this time around*sob*sob*

Ok lah, on to another story.

Irfan weaned yesterday. He isn't 6 months yet, only 5.5 mths but he's just so hungry nowadays that his feeding frequency became less than 2 hours each time. And I believe a hungry boy deserves to have his meal in form of solid.

So after receiving much suggestions from friends and such, I finally started him with carrot and rice puree for breakfast yesterday. That was my son's first ever meal and I cooked it for him! It's truly an indescribable feeling to be able to do things for your son and I'm really enjoying each and every one of it.

Pictures of him weaning can be found here : http://bai-lunar.fotopages.com/

*Yawn*yawn* I'm going off to continue my sleep before Irfan wakes up. :-D

The Zonan Factor